Shop Swimwear By Body Type - Buying Guide
When searching for the perfect fit, it is important to assess your shape and choose a compatible style. These days swimsuit styles allow women to shop for swimwear specifically for their body type. As women's builds can differ from top heavy, to pear-shaped or minimal curves and everything in between it helps to know what to look for to help make you feel happy when stepping out on the beach.
- Feeling flirty? Choose a moderate coverage top like a wrap or surplice swimsuit that will accentuate your bust, or for more coverage a bandeau if you prefer a subdued look
- Look for thick straps and underwire swimsuits will provide you with comfort and support
- V-shaped necklines naturally flatter your bust by drawing the eye up and down
- Avoid skinny straps and push-up padding
- Shop swimwear by bra size to help get the right fit
- If you want to enhance your bust a lifting, push-up bikini or swimsuit, or padded top will add some curves.
- Choose a top with horizontal lines, fringe or ruffles to create the illusion of a larger bust.
- Avoid flat triangle tops and solids.
- Choose swimsuit sets that enhance both your top and bottom.
- Tops with ruffles, horizontal lines, fringe and designs create an illusion of a larger bust.
- Push-up or padded tops can accentuate your chest.
- Brazilian bikini bottoms offer a cheeky cut to enhance your bottom.
- Choose bottoms with shirring and patterned details to give the appearance of a larger bottom.
- Shop active swimwear for the best fit for your body
- If you're a little self concious about your bottom half choose a swimsuit that draws attention to your upper body.
- Brightly colored and vibrantly patterned tops with solid bottoms accentuate your bust while minimizing your legs.
- Choose boy-short bottoms or thick hipster bikinis for a flattering fit with extra bottom coverage.
- Colorful sarongs and bold bikini bottoms will exaggerate the hips if you want to show off your curves.
- Choose a swimsuit that accentuates your legs while giving you more coverage in the bustier and tummy area.
- Tummy trimming one-piece swimsuits smooth and flatten the stomach to make you appear leaner.
- Features such as rouching and shirring (gathering) or panel designs on the sides slim the appearance of the waist.
- Print designs down the middle of the body elongate the torso.
- Plus sized apply shapes benefit from high waisted bikinis and bold bikini tops to show off your figure
Flatter Your Figure
Embrace your body type, whether you have large hips, a large bust, or few curves and feel comfortable in your skin. Choose the style that fits your personality and your body. Choosing a flattering fit for your body type will leave you feeling cool and confident when you dive into an endless summer.