Top Five Swims of 2019by SwimOutlet.com Staff
The 2019 swim year has come to a close! And while we are all looking forward to an exciting year for the sport in 2020 with the Tokyo Games, this past year highlighted the deep level of talent and numerous stars in our sport across the globe. We compiled this list of the top five swims from this year for our annual Top 5 List! Who's on your list of best swims for 2019?
5) Daiya Seto - Seto's 400m IM short course world record was set at the inaugural International Swimming League Championship Finale in Las Vegas in December and broke Ryan Lochte's record that had stood for almost a decade!
4) 4x100m Medley Relay - The U.S. women have now set this world record at three of the past six major swim meets (Worlds or Olympics) dating back to 2012 and the combo of Lilly King, Regan Smith, Kelsi Dahlia and Simone Manuel look to only get better for Tokyo!
3) Regan Smith - Everyone knows that Regan Smith is a huge talent, but no one expected world records quite this soon for the Minnesota native who turns 18 in the Olympic Year. Smith was the only individual woman to set a long course world record this year and she did it twice in both the 100m and 200m backstroke.
Regan Smith, 18 years old, wipes Missy Franklin's 200m backstroke world record off the books. Brings it down from 2:04.06 to 2:03.35. pic.twitter.com/Zl2uEPcmZk— Nick Zaccardi (@nzaccardi) July 26, 2019
2) Adam Peaty - Peaty's world record of 56.88 in the 100m breaststroke at the 2019 World Championships was a culmination of what he dubbed "Project 56", his personal challenge to break 57 seconds in the event. Peaty's feat was made that much more impressive by the public nature of his quest!
1) Caeleb Dressel - The top swim of 2019 undoubtedly goes to Dressel. Not only for the record time itself of 49.50 in the 100m fly but for the person he dethroned, taking down Michael Phelps's record that had stood for a full decade dating back to the 2009 World Championships in one of Phelps signature events.Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: firstname.lastname@example.orgNeha Patidar
1 year ago.Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the postAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...
Awesome review. Thanks guys! Much appreciated. When does the new ...