The Shoemaker Holiday Gift Guide
By Jarrod Shoemaker, 2008 Olympic triathlete
It's holiday time and that means scrambling to find that perfect present. Unfortunately I will not be able to predict anybody’s perfect present, but I will give a few suggestions that can help you buy for your favorite athlete.
With holiday sales, now is the time to stock up on nutrition products.
My favorites are:
- Skratch Labs drink mixes
- Picky Bars
- Pro Bars
- New swimsuit -- Let’s face it every athlete always needs a new swimsuit. Once it is too lose, or falling apart, it is something an athlete never buys for themselves.
- Goggles – an extra pair is always a plus. Swimoutlet has a great goggle finder for you to narrow down your choices.
- JAWS Quick Spit Anti-Fog – something every athlete should have in their bag pre race.
- Anti-Chafing Stick – there are lots on the market and frankly all of them work well!
- Garmin GPS watch or fit band – something every athlete should have. There are a lot of different models, but most are versatile to be used on the run and the bike and the swim.
- Running Shorts – I love split shorts which have a higher cut on the side, but others may like longer running shorts.
- New Cycling gear – we all tend to hold onto the pieces that fit us perfectly, now is the time to try something new.
- Triathlon related reading – “Iron War” It is fun way to learn about the history of the sport.
And if you really cannot figure out what to buy your endurance athlete, just give them a gift card!
Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...