10 Easy Ways to Celebrate Halloween at the Pool
There are two types of people on Halloween—the ones who plan their costume months in advance, and the ones who scramble to find something the day of. With a restless swimming schedule, we often seem to fall in to the latter and put off holiday plans altogether. Luckily, there are countless, easy, and affordable, ways to add a little spooky spirit to your day that require little-to-no planning.
In honor of All Hallows’ Eve, we’re sharing 10 fool-proof, last minute ways to celebrate Halloween at the pool—costume optional.
1) Use pumpkins instead of dumbbells for your dryland workout. Choose a pumpkin that weighs about 10 pounds, and use the squash for squats, lunges and over-head swings.
2) Choose a solid colored swimsuit, and add a witch hat, a cape, cat ears or a devil’s tail – anything you already have on hand—for a quick and easy Halloween costume.
3) Go trick-or-treating with your team in the surrounding neighborhood after practice. Need a costume? How about Michael Phelps or Katie Ledecky?
4) Wear a Halloween-themed swim cap. If you don’t have one, draw a jack-o-lantern face on an old, plain orange cap.
5) Bring a bag of candy and have the team trick or treat around the pool deck using their swim caps to collect their treats.
6) Get together with your pool pals before or after practice and take a stab at our Halloween pumpkin carving goggle template.
7) Ask your coach to play your favorite Halloween playlist on the pool deck speakers.
8) Bob for apples in the shallow end of the pool after practice.
9) Buy doughnuts for the team and put plastic vampire teeth in the middles for a spooky snack.
10) Play dead and skip practice (but if anyone asks, this wasn’t our idea).
Happy Halloween, friends!
Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...