How to Choose a Bra Pad
Bust enhancement pads are used to smooth, shape, and increase the size of the breast. Bra pads come in various styles and materials, and some can be worn in and out of the water. Bra pads (inserts) are popular among women because they are discrete and comfortable, and provide an affordable (and non-invasive) alternative to bust enhancement surgery.
Benefits of Bra Pads
Breast pads allow women to adjust their breast size and shape. Here are a few common features and benefits of breast pads:
- Waterproof inserts can be worn in and out of the water with bikini tops and various bra tops.
- Bra pads can be easily inserted either directly against the skin or into a breast pocket in the suit.
- Inserts are discrete and appear natural.
- The pads are reliable. It is uncommon for them to slip out of place or fall out.
- Bust enhancers provide confidence to women by giving them a natural looking and full breast.
Breast enhancer pads have many different purposes depending on the individual. Outlined below are the different types of pads and their specific functions:
- Bust enhancer: Typically full-coverage, bust enhancers increase the bust from one to two cup sizes. They can also be used to even-out the appearance different size breasts.
- Push-up insert: Pushes the breasts up and inward to create cleavage. Push-up inserts come in half-circles, triangles, and full-coverage pads.
- Shapers: Add a smooth fullness to the appearance of the breast while enhancing the natural curves of the bust.
- Post-mastectomy breast form: Inserted into a sewn-in breast pocket, these forms provide a natural looking and feeling breast.
- Waterproof pads: Designed for use both in and out of the water, these come in both bikini tops and bra tops. Waterproof pads come in various shapes, sizes, and materials.
- Foam pad with nipple mold: Increases the size of the breast. These are popular among women with larger breasts who want to achieve a perkier, natural breast.
Common Bust Pad Materials
Bra pads are made out of various materials including silicone, foam, and (much less commonly) gel. Most materials are waterproof, so the pad can be inserted into swimwear.
- Silicone breast pads: Mold to the shape of the natural breast. As the temperature increases, the silicone pad acts similar to an adhesive, keeping the pad secure against the breast.
- Foam pads: Generally are inserted into breast pockets in bathing suit tops or bra tops. The foam pad is popular because it looks and feels natural while simultaneously enhancing and pushing up the breasts. It is also lightweight and can mold to the shape of the natural breast.
Recommendations for Bust Enhancement Uses
Choose your bust enhancement pad based on your personal preference, size, and shape. Listed below are a few suggestions based on desired results:
- Women with small breasts: Choose a full-coverage bust enhancer pad to increase your cup size.
- Women with dissimilarly sized breasts: Choose a bust enhancer pad to increase the size of the smaller breast.
- Women who want more cleavage: Choose a push-up insert to increase cleavage while shaping the bust.
- Women who want to smooth the bust: Choose a shaper pad to smooth the breast and achieve a fuller bust.
- Women who have undergone post-mastectomy treatment: Choose a post-mastectomy form pad to attain a natural looking and full breast.
Breast pad inserts are designed to help you look and feel beautiful in your own skin. You can wear them in swimwear or under bra cups and still maintain a natural bust appearance. So whether your goal is to achieve a fuller bust or accentuate what you have, you can find the right bra pad insert for you.