How to Choose a Beach Chair
The beach is a place to have fun in the water, soak up the sun, and relax. What better way to relax than in a comfortable beach chair? They come in a range of styles to suit your needs. In this guide, you'll learn how to choose the perfect beach chair.
Beach chairs can be made from a number of materials. Although each material has its benefits, some might be more suitable for your taste than others. Here are the most popular materials you'll encounter:
- Aluminum: The most lightweight beach chairs are made from aluminum. You can easily carry your own chair to the sand or even multiple chairs! However, a lightweight aluminum design means it may suffer slight dents if handled roughly.
- Wood:Wooden beach chairs have a classic, timeless look. Since wood is a poor conductor of heat, you won't have to worry about the sun beating down on your chair and heating the frame to a scorching temperature. Although they have many benefits, beach chairs made from wood are significantly heavier than their aluminum counterparts. These chairs also require minor maintenance. However, with a little varnish and some sanding, your wooden beach chair can stay functional for many, many beach seasons to come.
- Steel: Steel beach chairs are incredibly durable. However, they tend to be more expensive than aluminum beach chairs and may rust if not properly cared for.
Types of Chairs
Whether you crave convenience, a place to sleep, or a comfy seat to read your book, there's a style for every desire. The following are some styles you may want:
- Lounger: Sprawl out and experience a refreshing nap on a lounger. Many loungers come equipped with pillow headrests to enhance your level of relaxation. If sunbathing is more your thing, chaise lounges often have face cut-outs so you can comfortably lie on your stomach and tan the rest of your body for an even, sun-kissed glow.
- Backpack chair: Designed for ultimate convenience, a backpack chair can be worn as a lightweight backpack that unfolds to reveal a chair once you get on the beach. These are especially great if you need to be hands-free to bring other beach essentials to the sand.
- Travel bench: These are perfect for families or groups. Travel benches are portable benches that unfold into spacious benches. The amount of people a bench can fit varies by brand.
- Classic beach chair: A "classic" beach chair is typically denoted by its height. Classic beach chairs tend to rise no more than 12 inches above the ground. These chairs give you the best of both worlds. They prevent you from sitting on the bare sand but allow you to extend your legs onto the ground so you can enjoy the cool water and wet sand on your feet. You also have the ability to evenly tan your entire legs instead of the above the knee section that usually faces the sun in a normal height chair.
- Kids' chairs: Let little ones have fun beach chairs of their own. Many brands make beach chairs that appeal to the imaginations of kids. Your little one will feel special in a personal beach chair that's the perfect height with a fun animal theme. Kids' chairs can commonly be found with the back portion of the chair in the shape of a cool fish like a shark or insects such as caterpillars and whimsical butterflies.
Once you decide on which style you want, you can look for cool chair features that'll enhance your relaxation time. The following features can be found on nearly any style of beach chair:
- Cup holders.
- Padded arm rest.
- Multiple recline positions.
- Bright colors and prints.
- Built-in canopy for increased shade.
- Pockets for storing beach essentials like sunscreen, snacks, and sunglasses.
Next time you head to the beach, enjoy the beautiful weather while stretched out on a comfortable beach chair. Depending on your chosen features, you can easily stay hydrated with cup holders for your water and store everything you need in one place with spacious storage pockets. Whether you want to build a sun-kissed glow or read a new book, a beach chair is the perfect accessory for your next trip!