Our Favorite Swim Products of 2018
As 2018 comes to an end, we can’t help but look back at the year and remind ourselves of the new and innovative products that hit the marketplace – all with the goal of helping us train and improve.
Although it wasn’t a noteworthy year for global swimming events (Worlds or Olympics), we still saw several product releases that got us excited to hit the pool.
Here are our five great swim products that caught our attention in 2018 (in no particular order).
5) Arena The One Goggle – Different from the minimalistic goggles we’re used to, Arena’s The One goggle earned a spot on our list for comfort and an innovative one-piece construction. These goggles feature wide peripheral visibility, easy adjustable straps, and ultra-comfy eye sockets, making them the perfect option for open water swimmers or beginners in the pool.
4) Samsung Gear Sport Smart Watch – We love a good smart watch, and the new Samsung Gear Sport is no exception. The new technology of this watch makes it easy to track your swims and monitor your progress by syncing up with our Swim.com app! While this earned a spot on our favorite products of 2018, it’s surely something we’ll use in the New Year. Stay tuned for a new year’s challenge on SwimOutlet.com and an opportunity to win using Swim.com!
3) TYR Stryker Silicone Fin – Not all fins are created equally, and that’s something we’ve come to learn over the years. While some fins may be more comfortable, others may be better for strengthening your leg muscles. Luckily, the TYR Stryker Silicone Fins are both comfortable and loaded with technology to help improve your kick. These are one of our favorite fins to date, and a must-have in our swim bag.
2) Speedo Teamster 40L Pro Backpack – The best-selling backpack got an upgrade in 2018. The ever-famous Speedo Teamster came out with a sleeker, bigger design this year and it quickly moved to the top of our list of favorite backpacks. With a modern update to the style, and more storage, the new Speedo Teamster 40L Pro Backpack is both durable and practical—which earns five stars in our book.
1) FINIS Backstroke Wedge – Perhaps one of the most innovative products of 2018 is the FINIS Backstroke Wedge. The Backstroke Wedge serves as a more affordable, portable option to the traditional backstroke block. Coaches love it because it’s easy to use and remove, and swimmers appreciate the unparalleled grip and the ability to adjust the wedge from the water. This is something that every team, and backstroke swimmer, could benefit from earning a spot on our top five list.Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...