Great Spots for a River Swim!
Going for a swim in the river might be one of life’s more underappreciated pleasures. With all the lakes, oceans and pools out there, going for a swim in a river just seems like a bit more of an effort: finding the river, figuring out where to park, where to wade in. Then temperature and current are always big issues.
But there’s something invigorating about wading in fresh rushing water or going for a swim up the gentle current! Here are 5 spots where you can plan a river swim for next summer when the weather heats up:
1) Bend, Oregon – this small central Oregon town with views of the Cascade Mountains has had a tourist boom of late and the Deschutes River has numerous spots for swimming. Try Tumalo State Park for easy access points.
2) Adirondacks, NY – There are hundreds if not thousands of lakes, rivers and creeks to swim in in the Adirondacks of upstate New York – one of the most idyllic regions of the country. One great spot is Bog River Falls where the Bog Rivers open up into Tupper Lake. It’s one of those gems that all the locals know about!
3) Sun Valley, Idaho – There are beautiful rivers galore in Idaho but about 10 miles down Warm Springs road from downtown Ketchum, there’s a spot along Warm Springs Creek with a natural hot spring that is more hot tub relaxation then it is river swimming. But the warm natural waters and the mountain scenery can’t be beat – no matter the season. Just bring your robe in winter time.
Even in winter, you can wade into the natural hot springs of Warm Springs Creek in Sun Valley, Idaho(c) Sun Valley Resort
4) Guerneville, CA – The Russian River in Guerneville, California is second largest river north of the San Francisco Bay Area (after the Sacramento River), and home to many triathlons. Swim, paddle, hike, or wine and dine-- the Russian River has it all.
5) Missoula, MT – Missoula, Montana is Lewis & Clark country so might as well do like the two intrepid adventurers did and go swimming in the nearby Blackfoot River. Johnsrud Park is one local hotspot just outside of this picturesque college town.Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: email@example.comAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...