15 Ways You Know You Are a Swim Mom
Swim moms are often the backbone and unsung heroes of the team. Without them the cheering section would be far too quiet on meet day, athletes would rarely make it to practice, towels would never be dry and swimmers worldwide would starve. They take on the daily role of coach, cheerleader, chauffeur and chef without protest, and without them and their dedication to the sport, the pool deck would be complete chaos.
We need their support more than we’d like to admit—so, this one is for all of the moms out there.
Here are 15 surefire ways that you know you are, in fact, a swim mom.
1. Your grocery bill could feed a small army, but it only actually feeds 1-2 swimmer(s)
2. You have at least 2 wet towels in your car at any given time
3. You’re at the end of the lane, cheering the loudest, every time your swimmer is racing
4. Some of your very best friends are the moms of your kiddo’s teammates
5. You taxi your swimmer to and from the pool twice a day, every day
6. You make bi-monthly purchases at SwimOutlet.com, including some "swim mom" gear for yourself
7. Your weekends are typically spent out of town, not relaxing, but at away meets
8. You spend more time at the pool than you do at home
9. You lose your voice after almost every swim meet
10. You wash more towels than you do clothes
11. You never have leftover food
12. You have mastered the craft of packing a swim bag
13. You have a mental note of all of your swimmer’s (and their competition’s) best times
14. You run on coffee and sunscreen
15. You wouldn’t have it any other way, because you love the sport just as much as your swimmer does (if not more)
Step aside, soccer mom, swim moms are the real MVP's here. We don't say it nearly enough, but we appreciate you and your tireless dedication to your swimmers and the sport. Happy Mothers' Day Weekend!Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: email@example.comAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...