10 Summer Beach Trip Must Haves
Public service announcement: summer is coming. We love summer for a handful of reasons, the number one reason being more time in the water—both pool and ocean. As the weather starts to heat up, swimmers of all levels start to frequent their local pools, lakes and beaches for recreational and fitness swimming. The countdown is on.
Whether you’re ready or not, it’s time to dust off the beach cart and get serious about summer! And while you're at it, don't forget to enter our Serious about Summer Giveaway this month with two chances to win a Beach Cart and $300 gift card giveaway.
To help you prepare for the longer days of sun, sand and surf, we’ve rounded up 10 summer beach trip must-haves, in no particular order.
1. A beach cart – Regardless if you’re lugging a family of four to the beach, or couldn’t narrow down the snacks and pool floats for yourself, a beach cart is a good idea! Most of the carts feature big, sand-friendly wheels and a collapsible design to make your trip from the car to water seamless and stress-free.
2. A beach towel – Beach towels are essential for any summer day where sunbathing, picnicking, swimming, lounging, surfing or sandcastle building is on the agenda. Grab one that’s big enough to share, and or pack a few to ensure you always have a dry towel on hand.
3. Sunscreen & protection – We’re big advocates for sun protection here at SwimOutlet.com! Try a new, trendy UV shirt or rashguard, and don’t forget the sunscreen!
4. A swimsuit – This one’s a given. Depending on your level of activity, and hobby of choice, you’ll want to bring a swimsuit that fits with your lifestyle. Luckily, we have plenty to choose from!
5. Coolers & Picnic Baskets – You’ll undoubtedly want snacks and refreshments, and keeping them cool and in one place makes you’re life a lot easier. Choose a cooler, iced-chest or picnic basket and enjoy easy snacking!
6. Sunhats & Visors – Keep the sun out of your eyes and off of your face with a fashion-forward sun hat or visor. Between straw hats, caps and novelties visors there’s bound to be something for everyone.
7. Inflatables & Toys – if you didn’t bring an inflatable zoo to the beach, did you even really go? No, the answer is no. Stock up on inflatables and loungers, and beach toys, for your day in the sun.
8. Beach umbrella or tent – Depending on the size of your group, might want to bring an umbrella or tent to set up near your gear. Aside from the obvious shade, these make it easy to spot your friends and family from the shore, or keep an eye on your belongings from the water.
9. Beach bag – You’ll definitely want some sort of beach bag to hold all of your loose odds and ends like goggles, money, sunglasses, phones, sunscreen, camera, Frisbees, etc. Consider putting a waterproof pouch inside to hold any valuables that you don’t want to fall victim to sand and sea.
10. Beach chair – Some people like lounging directly on the sand, while others prefer a chair. If you’re part of the latter, we suggest investing in a chair that is comfortable and easy to transport. A cup holder doesn’t hurt, either!Email Address Invalid. Please enter an email address in the format: email@example.comAdd a Comment
Name * Your Email (will not be displayed) *To prevent automated bots from spamming, please enter the text you see in the image below:
Thank you so much for this detailed review. Super helpful when pu...
Thanks for sharing the review and feedback. It really helps me al...
Love the prints and the concept of using these fabrics to create ...
Hi Julie and Swim Outlet .comYour cute face and name caught my ey...
Thanks for updating the post. Keep up the good work. I really the...