In The Athlete's Guide to Yoga, yoga instructor, endurance athlete, and coach Sage Rountree explains the benefits that yoga can bring to every training program. With hundreds of color photographs featuring more than 100 poses, this book treats common problem areas to make athletes stronger in their sport.
• Warm-up and cool-down routines for workouts
• Simple poses to specifically target areas of inflexibility and overuse
• Breath and meditation exercises
• Different types of yoga for each phase of training
• Recommendations for intensity and volume of yoga workouts throughout the training year
• A 15-minute DVD featuring warm-up and cool-down routines for everyday workouts