Fit & Healthy Pregnancy by Kristina Pinto, EdD with Rachel Kramer, MD
Keep you and your baby healthy during your pregnancy with the Fit & Healthy Pregnancy by Kristina Pinto, EdD with Rachel Kramer, MD. This is the first active pregnancy guide for athletes by athletes!
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy by Kristina Pinto, EdD with Rachel Kramer, MD.
First comprehensive look at exercise and pregnancy.
Goes beyond labor into the ''fourth trimester'' to help women get back to fitness, workouts, and training.
Includes sport specific guides for each trimester for swimming, cycling and running.
Includes example workouts and strength/flexibility routines.
This comprehensive guide explains the ins and outs of exercise and pregnancy, including:
- Advice for keeping your body and mind fit during and after the pregnancy.
- Nutritional information to properly fuel your body and your baby.
- Sport-specific guidelines for every trimester, including tips and training advice for running, swimming, and cycling.
- Beautifully illustrated exercises, appropriate to each stage of your pregnancy.
- The best advice for breast-feeding, child care, and workouts for on-to-go moms.
About the Authors
Dr. Kristina Pinto, EdD, a runner and a coach, graduated from the Harvard Graduate School of Education where she specialized in women’s health and psychology.
Dr. Rachel Kramer, MD, completed her ob-gyn training at Yale University and has a triathlon and distance running background.